Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Here It Comes

Holy Guacamole! It's been almost a year since my last blog post. So much has happened, I barely know where to begin.  However, there has been one thing that has taken up a major part of my time since last year ... dance practice. Last April, I auditioned for a dancing spot with The Sirens of New Orleans. It's a super fun dance krewe and philanthropic organization based out of the Big Easy. This was my first year dancing and it was a blast.

The road to parade season wasn't easy. After a 3 week boot camp to bring the noobs like me up to speed on dances from last year, we had a short break until the practices started with returning members. In addition to practices there were many performances, philanthropic events to raise money for local charities, and the annual Mermaids and Mayhem party.

By the time carnival season rolled around, I was well practiced and ready to dance. I had the pleasure of marching two parades dressed like a mermaid and it was awesome! Being a part of one of the biggest parties in the country was priceless. I had so much fun and made friends with the coolest group of women you could meet.


That's me to the left in the purple wig and gloves having the time of my life.

1 comment: